Add to Google

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday Is The Best And Worst TV Night For Me

I want to speak about American Idol before I start yapping about tonight's programs. I love the beginning and the end of Idol. I LOVE watching the auditions and seeing how little I know about good singers (or how little the judges know). I love to take shots each time Randy Jackson says "dawg" or looks at the contestant with a blank face. I love to pull my eyebrow hair out each time Paula Abdul tells someone with absolutely no talent that there is a silver lining to their cloud. I also love it when Simon Cowell smacks these kids with an open palm of reality. BUT LAST NIGHT WAS TOO MUCH! Telling people they are fat or gay or ugly has nothing to do with their singing abilities. I really felt bad for a lot of these kids who got sent away. Ok -- about tonight. I have way too much programming going on. I watch American Idol, Lost, Beauty and the Geek, The Biggest Loser, and Project Runway. How do I do it you ask? Carefully - very carefully! American Idol and Project Runway are easy - they are on their own time slots. Project Runway is such a great reality show. I have posted several times on it - check out past comments and predications. So far, I am correct. See who I say is leaving tonight! Getting to watch the other shows make me batty. I Tivo Lost because that is the most important show on 9:00. This is my second favorite TV show on television. 24 is my favorite. Lost constantly keeps me guessing. I can't even tell you what I think is going to happen because I don't have a freaking clue!! That is what makes it so great. Then I watch The Biggest Loser and Beauty and the Geek between commercial breaks focusing on the geeks. If you can flip through commercials you should check out these two shows. The Biggest Loser is only good if you are thinking about losing weight. I have 10 pounds to go from having my baby - so this show motivates me to not eat a huge bowl of ice cream before I go to sleep. If you need that type of motivation - watch it. Beauty and the Geek is just fun. The girls are complete morons and the guys are MOVIE geeks. I never met anyone like them EVA! It's almost unreal.
posted by Very_Vera @ 1/18/2006 01:27:00 PM |

0 comments

<< Home